Teaching contents 教学内容
Making Chinese tea
Teaching aims& learning objectives ?教学目标
Focus of thelesson and predicted area of difficulty 教学重点和难点
Teaching procedures 教学过程
Step1 Before reading
1. ? We have learned culture time in Grade Five, do you remember that?
Let’s read it.
（Tea is popular in China. Coffee is popular in Western countries.）
2. ? Which do you prefer, tea or coffee? Why? You may discuss in groups.
S1: I like tea. Because Chinese people like drinking tea.
S2: I like coffee, I like the flavor.
3. ? Both tea and coffee have rich flavor. I like them. But today let’s talk about tea. Why?
T: Because Chinese tea and culture is famous all over theworld. In China, when the guest comes, it is a rite to present a cup of tea to him/ her.
4. ? T: You see, I drink green tea to begin a day every day.
Green tea is one kind of tea. What kind of teado you know?
S1: Black tea/ White tea/ Dark tea.
T: Look, they have different fermentation. Dark tea? Do you know that?
Let’s look at some famous tea in China.
出示各种茶的图片famous tea in China.
5. ? T: There are so many kinds of tea in China.Today I’ll introduce the passage to you.
Please go over the passage quickly and then give it a title.
Step2 While reading
1. ? T: Can you tell me the name?
S1: MakingChinese tea.
S2: How to make Chinese tea?
T: That’s good. (板书标题：Making Chinese tea)
2. ? T: Let’s read the background.
As we know, in some places, the way of making tea is very complicated.
How do we make Chinese tea?
Now let’s read the passage again and try to generalize with the key words.
Step2 Heating cups
Step3 Washing tea
Step4 Making tea
3. ? You know the four steps of making Chinesetea. This time, please read the passage carefully and know the procedures andtry to introduce the procedures politely and skillfully.
4. ? T: Let’s listen to the passage. (整体听一遍)
5. ? Let’s learn together.(细节学习)
Step1 Setting tea. (Choose tea leaves…)
You see, here are different types of tea, they have different smells, colours and tastes. Now let’s choose… （现场展示5种茶叶，让学生观察，闻……）
Step2Heating cups ( Choose a pot and cups, wash…with hot water)
Step3Washing tea (fill…with hot water, pour out the water)
T：Why do we wash tea?
S1: Tea is not clean.
S2: After we wash the tea, we can enjoy the flavor.
Step4 Making tea (fill…with water again, pour the tea into cups)
T: Why don’t we let it sit for a minute or two?
S1: To enjoy the rich flavor.
6. ? You know the produces well, now let’s try to be an art tea specialist. You should do and introduce the procedures politely and skillfully.
Before we do this, let’s recall, when we are making Chinese tea, we should make clear: The things we need and the things we dofirst/ next/ then / (板书)
Step3 Post reading
1. ? Who would like to be an art tea specialist?
Who would like to enjoy the tea? How is the tea?
But when you drink the tea, you should drink in sip, you know.
2. ? Today we’ve learned a passage about making Chinese tea.
It’s very useful. I hope all of you can remember it. Because Chinese tea art is not only the combination of tea and art, but also an art of life. So when you are happy, you can drink tea, when you are tired, you can also drink it, it makes you relaxed. Just enjoy tea, enjoy life.
3. ? And drinking tea is a healthy life style. If you work with computers for a long time, drink tea. If you want to keep fit, drink tea! And …
S1: It’s good for women and old men to drink tea.
1. ? ? Make Chinese tea at home and share together.
2. ? ? If you have interest, know more about tea culture by reading and surfing the Internet.
Making Chinese tea
Things we need ? ? ? ? ? ? Things we do
tea leaves ? ? ? ? Setting tea- heatingcups-washing tea- making tea
set of cups
1. 外语教师作为本族语言化的一员，有责任保护和传承民族文化精髓，在这个文本教学中注重民族文化价值观念的维护，发扬传统文化。上课伊始，笔者问学生：“今天为什么我们要谈论茶”？ 激发学生思维，引起思考，因为：中国茶及其茶文化闻名世界。再如，谈到茶的种类，中国名茶等等，这些都唤起了学生对本土文化的意识。
1. ? ?First, choose good tea leaves. That’s veryimportant. Different types of tea have different colors, smells and tastes.
2. ? ?Choose a small pot and set of cups.Wash them all with hot water.
3. ? ?Put some tea leaves into the pot. Fillthe pot with hot water. Pour out the water right away. That cleans the tealeaves.
4. ? ?Fill the pot with water again. Let itsit for a minute or two. Pour the tea into the cups and enjoy the rich flavor.
但是笔者在备课的时候，合理地增加了导言：Tea-drinkingis an art, a skill in China. When the guest comes, it’s a rite to present a cup of tea to him/ her. And in some places, the way of making tea is very complicated. 由导言到正式的“Making Chinese tea” 可以说把学生真正地拉了进来。
3. 培养学生的文化交际能力很重要，为此在教学设计时，教师引导学生尝试自主学习，了解并熟记沏茶步骤，争做茶艺师。全班一起沏茶，并齐分享，同时涉及到喝茶的文化。在此过程中，教师的问题也是激发了学生一次次深入思考茶文化，如：Why should we wash tea? Why don’t we let it sit for a minute or two? 学生从接触茶到了解茶文化再到介绍沏茶，是文化自信以及文内化为品外化行为的文化素养达成，是文化教学要达成的核心素养。